Originally the Wannseeterrassen were built in 1937 as a picnic area. The property was later destroyed by a fire and has been rebuilt in 1953. Over the following years it was repeatedly renovated and expanded.
Until 2001 the building remained unchanged until a fire burned it to the ground. Subsequently the property was completely dismantled and cleared out. This was the beginning of the new Wannseeterrassen.
- Die neuen Wannsee-Terrassen eröffnen zu Ostern, Morgenpost, 3/3/2015
- Bis April kehren die Wannsee-Terrassen zurück, Der Tagesspiegel, 1/3/2015
- Investor verspricht: Wannsee-Terrassen werden Traumcafé, Der Tagesspiegel, 10/10/2013
- Wannsee-Terrassen feiern im Oktober Biergarten-Richtfest, Berliner Morgenpost, 10/20/2013
- Berlin bekommt seine Wannsee-Terrassen zurück, Berliner Morgenpost, 8/1/2013